Inside Lifts are mounted in the vehicle’s cargo area with a hoist mechanism that swings outside the vehicle to load and lift the mobility device into the vehicle.
The operator of an Inside Lift should have the following capabilities:
- Walk from the front to the rear of the vehicle and back
- Stand for up to three minutes to five minutes while the lift operates
- Attach docking device to mobility device
– May require bending over or kneeling
– May require adequate hand dexterity
– May require balance and strength to attach the docking device
- Fold down the seat back of the mobility device and/or scooter tiller until it is in its most compact position
- Apply pressure to hold down a button on the handheld control while lift operates
- Guide the mobility device to avoid interference while raising, rotating, and entering the vehicle through complete lift cycle.